Summer 2021 Museum Assistant Position
Two eight-week positions available:
Some flexibility for start/end dates
$15.50-16.00 per hour (depending on qualifications/experience)
Age guideline: 15- 30
July - Aug (start date to be determined)
Available for the full 8-week commitment
30 hrs/week - includes all weekends (mandatory)
Preference will be given to students in Museum Studies, Education, or Art & Design Studies
A strong and enthusiastic interest in demonstrating the importance of museums and history.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with PowerPoint, iMovie, social media and/or graphic design are an asset.
- Ability to work independently in an environment with distractions, and as part of a team.
- Problem solving, creative thinking and flexibility.
The student will work under the direct supervision of the Executive Director
- Reception – greet and engage with museum visitors, and process gift shop sales
- Assist with research, development and presentation of several multimedia projects
- Museum outreach through Website; Facebook; Twitter Instagram and articles
- Provide support for Special Events
- Museum administrative tasks such as accessioning; light cleaning and other tasks as assigned.
Successful candidates will:
- Work in a supportive environment that allows and encourages personal growth
- Gain practical experience and training in the areas of education in a museum setting, public program development and co-ordination, museum administration and historical research.
- Learn about all aspects of visitor/hospitality services
- Refine and develop public speaking skills and presentation techniques.
- Work with an enthusiastic and professional staff.
- Please provide phone contact or email for three references (work related or school) from the past two years.
Please submit your resume by email. We will contact potential applicants for interviews.
Questions? Contact Lori Treloar, Executive Director
[email protected] Phone: 250-743-8675