How to Help the Shawnigan Lake Museum
If you don't have time to donate your time and still want to support us you can become a sponsor. Would you like to be a corporate sponsor or sponsor a display, a room, a plaque or an event simply contact us.
Please contact, or visit, the museum if you have an item to be donated. All of the artifacts in the Shawnigan Lake Museum collection have been donated by the community (since 1977).
We appreciate your support!
An active membership list is essential to the success of a non-profit organization. We encourage you to support the museum by becoming either a member. ($20 annual).
The Annual Membership entitles you to :
- free admission
- the current Museum calendar (exclusive to Members Only)
- advance notification of any special activities
- a member can attend meetings and has the opportunity to sit on the board.
We welcome donations of artifacts, family histories and photographs that are relevant to the history of the Shawnigan area (including Malahat and Koksilah). Most items accepted will be used for display purposes but, in some cases, the donations will become part of our hands-on collection for young visitors and school groups. Occasionally, an item may not be accepted, based on the size, the care required and/or duplication.
Other Ways to Contribute
THRIFTY SMILE CARD
You can support the Shawnigan Lake Museum by using a Thrifty Foods Smile Card to purchase your groceries. This program is a wonderful way to support our society with no cost to you!
Please drop by the Museum to pick up a dedicated card.
You will NOT support the Museum
if you get your card at Thriftys.
- Once you have your card from the Museum when you are at any Thriftys store, before the cashier starts to ring your groceries through, "load" your card (by cash, bank card or credit card).
- The amount you load is up to you - some people estimate their purchase and put on that amount...others just put $50, $100, $200 etc. Any unspent $$ stay on your card for next time.
- Each time you shop, you simply present your card to the cashier to pay for your groceries. The Museum receives a percentage of the total "loaded" on your card each month from Thrifty Foods.
This is a great way to budget and your till receipt tells you how much you have left on your card after each purchase.
It is also makes a great gift for someone you care about! Double bonus: A pre-loaded Thrifty Foods Smile Card and support for your local Museum.
The Outdoor Gallery was funded by the Smile Card Program.
Eat hearty! And, thank you.