Shawnigan Lake Historical Society
Board of Directors

Christine Westland - Chair
As a young girl Christine spent time at her uncles property off Stowood road. The road ended at his property and her family camped in the woodland spending many days both winter and summer enjoying Shawnigan. Christine's family were members of the Shawnigan
Lake Country Club in the 60's and 70's when it was owned by Ken Watt. In 2003 she and her husband Craig moved up to the old "Lakeside Lodge" on Recreation Rd. Later they moved to the west side of the lake. Now semi-retired and working part time as a nurse at Acacia Ty Mawr, Christine wanted to give back to the community. Joining the Shawnigan lake Museum Society has given her this opportunity and allowed Christine to hear stories of the history of our little town and expand her knowledge of the community.

What to Find at the Museum

Contact The Museum 
Provided by The Shawnigan Lake Historical Society

The Shawnigan Lake Museum
1775 Shawnigan-Mill Bay Road , Shawnigan Lake, BC Canada V0R 2W0
Phone: 250-743-8675